Monday, May 14, 2007

SHOPPING WITH MOM

Took the day off from work today and played hookey with Mom. My mom is amazing. She is in almost perfect health, independent, and very generous. She is always talking about not wanting to be a burden to any of her children when she gets older. She is preparing for her death by giving us things around her house that she thinks we may want. She always says "why wait til I'm dead, take it now." So my brother and sister, as well as myself, have some things from her that mean something to us.

Today again, we talked about her living with one of her children and she not wanting to invade our privacy and being a burden. It wasn't a serious talk but lively and we laughted alot about it.

I guess the point of this story is: When we were in the 99 cent store I found myself "running" after her as she did her shopping! She is in better health than I am and I'm almost positive that she will outlive me! It's funny when she talks about dying and not being a burden but I see it the other way around. I'll probably be the one to be a burden and go before her. I can see her taking care of me!! It was a pleasure being with her today. She indeed is one of a kind. I love Mom.

No comments: