Saturday, February 9, 2008

LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND THAT

Hi All (or Lisa) :)

I read my last post to post an update. My last entry had me a little frustrated with my Bible study group as no one had shown up for a couple of weeks. Well, a new gal has joined us and the girls are regular in attendance again. Hopefully it will keep up. I've come to realize that almost every group leader goes through the same anxieties and expectations for her group. I found this out through another blog that I read often. It seems I'm not alone in expectation and experience.
So we are having a fun time again. Maybe I've just learned to relax.

My Wednesday night Beth Moore class at Parkcrest Church went so well last Wed. It was a session on love and I invited Leah to go with me. She did. What a blessing for me. I was so proud to have my daughter attend with me. That is my longing, to be able to attend a bible study with her someday, the two of us. She enjoyed herself so that we a blessing to. This study ends the end of March and then we'll have a 7 week study until summer break. I plan to invite her and will be in prayer that she will go.

I've been evaluating my spiritual life and seeing that I am lacking in so may ways. I don't spend enough time with the Lord. I find that the computer and TV take away that time. Plus he is bring a lot of my sin to my awareness. I'll tell a few of them. Like taking time away from work to go on the internet. Being judgmental of people and critical. Envy with what others have and not counting my blessing. I could go on with more but it's to ugly to share. But the good part is God is bringing it to my awareness and my desire to have them removed from my life.

I gave up soda for Lent and have already failed completely. But I resolve to start right now again. God's mercies endure forever. Thank you Jesus!!

Tomorrow we'll have communion at church. Look forward to that. The church that I belong to doesn't have communion every week or month. It's seems to be once every other month. Coming from liturgical church backgrounds I miss communion frequently. We don't have bread and the wafer but grape juice and webbers bread. That I'll never get used to. I long to have the host and wine. Regardless wine or Welches grape juice, communion is a solemn occasion. At my church we go up to a table and our pastor passes out the cup and bread. Then he'll say the sacred words, "on the night before he died...." After we've taken of the elements he will say a word of blessing and encouragement on all of us around the table. Many a time I leave with tears in my eyes, thankful for the Cross of Calvary.

My sister's birthday is coming up the 29th of this month. She is a leap year baby born in 1964. We were all so happy when we found our my mom was pregnant those years ago. We talked about the baby alot. I remember when my dad came home from the hospital in the wee hours of the morning. The first thing I asked before he even walked through the door was "What is it?" "It's a girl." I was so happy. A little baby sister. Lisa. My mom was sick alot when Lisa was a baby and I took care of her (Lisa). She was a good baby. I loved holding her. When my mom went to the hospital (to this day I don't know why) I was left in charge of Lisa. I felt overwhelmed as I really didn't know how to take care of her (with mom gone) and I was feeling sick myself. But Lisa survived my mistakes. I remember her taking her first steps in the living room. She was wearing a red little pinafore dress and she started taking those steps. I think she was nine months old. We all marveled at her being so young and walking. I'm going to suggest to my mom that we have a little get together. Having an actual birth day is rare for Lisa and we must celebrate!!

I have nothing else to say and there's nothing like writing all this stuff and having the computer go caput and erase all that I've written. It's not the same having to type it all over again.

Everyone have a great Sunday at church and receive the blessings of the Lord upon you.

1 comment:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Gee, I didn't know that mom got sick and you basically had to take care of me yourself. There's still a lot of things I don't know!

I've given up soda too for Lent. I originally thought I'd give up doughnuts, but then I realized that I only eat doughnuts on Sundays. We don't need to abstain on that day. Soda is tougher for me because I always drink that with pizza or other fast food.

Hope your bible study is going well. I know you enjoy them so much.

I hope this Lent that you find new blessings in your relationship with the Lord!