Friday, November 23, 2007

THANKSGIVING MEMORIES

Thanksgiving was yesterday and what a wonderful time we all had. I don't know why but I feel like this was my best Thanksgiving in a long time. I had my children and grands here and my mother shared the joy with us. I know she had a good time.

My daughter did ALL the cooking. This is what she made:

21 lb turkey with stuffing and gravy
yams
corn
potato salad
macaroni salad
rolls
2 chocolate pudding pies
1 apple pie
1 pumpkin pie
(I made the green bean casserole.)

My daughter is a saint!!

She was up until midnight the night before Thanks cutting and chopping. Then she got up at 5AM to put the turkey in the oven. Right until we all ate she was in that kitchen whipping, spooning, basting, etc.

It tooks us about 20 or less to eat. But it was delicious!!

I volunteered to clean the kitchen since I HAD to do something. But I didn't do it until later after eating. I can't eat and then get up and start washing dishes.

We all spent time with Mom and it was great having her in my home. She doesn't come often to my house. I want to have her over more. She enjoyed being with her great-granddaughters Gina & Larissa.

The evening ended way to soon. We all were contented.

I'm so thankful for all the things God has been doing in my family. The main thing is my son-in-law Tim is now going to AA. He is doing so much better. He is taking time for his kids now and is becoming the father they have needed. He shows my daughter much attention and consideration. It will take awhile before she learns to totally trust him again. She has been hurt so much but they are on the mend. Thanks be to God.

God's blessings are overflowing. Thanks you Lord.

1 comment:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had! You are truly blessed with the wonderful family you have. Mom told me she had a great time.

Boy, Leah sure has become quite the cook. Good for her. She will create some good memories for her kids.

I pray that Leah & Tim continue to work things out, day by day.

And Mitzi, you need to blog more(as time allows, of course):)You have good things to share!